Slow cooker chicken casserole
- knob of butter
- 1 large onionfinely chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp flour650g boneless, skinless chicken
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g baby new potatoes
- 2 sticks celery
- 2 carrots
- 250g mushrooms, quartered
- 15g dried porcini mushroom, soaked in 50ml boiling water
- 500ml stock made with 2 very low salt chicken stock cubes (we used Kallo)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard, plus extra to serve
- 2 bay leaves
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan, cook the onion for 8-10 mins until softened and starting to caramelise. Meanwhile put the flour and a little salt and pepper in a bowl and toss the chicken in it. Add the garlic and chicken to the pan and cook for 4-5 mins more until the chicken is starting to brown.
- Transfer to your slow cooker, along with the rest of the ingredients, including the soaking water from the porcini mushrooms. Give it a good stir. Cook on Low for 7 hours or High for 4 hours. Remove the bay leaves and serve with Dijon mustard on the side.